Are you a tenant, commercial property owner or manager thinking about commercial renovations? Numerous benefits can be had by renovating your building using modern techniques, resulting in an increase in long-term value for the building. Our team of professionals can handle virtually anything you have in mind, with the knowledge and experience needed to make your renovation project a success.
Types of Commercial Renovations
The average person spends most of their time indoors, whether at work, at home, at school, or elsewhere. A commercial renovation offers the opportunity to evaluate if the building is adequately meeting the purpose for which it is intended and to improve aspects that aren’t quite up to standards.
Some of the benefits you can expect from a commercial renovation include:
• Energy Efficiency. A commercial renovation is an excellent means of cutting your expenses by reducing your energy costs. As the green market continues to expand, a greater number of products become available, promising improved energy efficiency. Some possible improvements include double pane windows, programmable thermostats, and automatic bathroom faucets which can combine to reduce your annual energy cost by as much as 40%.
• Healthier Indoor Environment. Improved insulation can provide a healthier environment by maintaining a comfortable temperature. It can also reduce the humidity that can cause mold that could lead to health issues.
• Improved Employee Performance. Your employees keep your business running, but a renovation can create an environment that is more enjoyable and easier to work in. Improving the functionality of work areas can lead to enhanced productivity.
• More Efficient Use of Space. Renovating your office space allows you to improve your workspace layout for greater efficiency. Hiring rates are impacted by the office environment. Updating to a more modern look while opening tight spaces can reduce employee turnover.
• Rebranding and Reimaging. Your commercial renovation is also an opportunity for rebranding and refreshing your company’s image.
Choosing to renovate rather than build a new structure for your business also reduces environmental impact while saving time and money.
How Long Does a Commercial Renovation Take?
The size of the project clearly dictates the time required, but some have the tendency to create unrealistic, overly ambitious schedules. This kind of poor planning can cause rushed work, continual readjustment of completion dates, and additional expenses. Your best option is to sit down with your contractor and pre-plan as best you can while maintaining a certain amount of flexibility.
Can You Continue to Use The Space During Renovation?
This is a common and reasonable concern. The answer will depend on the work being done and the size of the space. For example, if only a specific part of the building is being worked on, the rest of the space may continue to be usable. Contractors are usually adept at isolating the work area to contain noise and dust.
Investing in commercial renovation is ultimately a great way to increase the value of your property while updating it and ensuring it continues to meet your needs for the future.
If you are considering doing a commercial renovation in North Vancouver or West Vancouver, the team at Shakespeare Homes would love to talk to you. We regularly complete Commercial Renovations on the North Shore. We can discuss your needs and constraints and provide a quote and timetable for your project.
Learn more about Shakespeare Homes Renovations in North Vancouver
- Home renovations details
- Kitchen renovations
- Bathroom renovations
- Home builders North Vancouver information
- View our portfolio of North Vancouver home renovations!